The Payroll/Finance Administrator is a fundamental participant of the Finance team who will work in tandem with the Head of Finance and HR to complete and process the payroll functions of the company.
Importantly, the Payroll/Finance Administrator will work with other Finance team members, including Accounting, Planning & Analysis, to aid their roles and ensure the Finance role sustains a continuous operation. Moreover, within this role you are expected to support and carry out a myriad of payroll related, financial and (finance) administrative associated tasks that facilitate the smooth running of the Finance office, including:
• Working with HR to assemble relevant pay data (new starters, changes, staff personal information etc.)
• Communicate payroll information to the external payroll bureau and liaise with them regarding latest updates in requirements and other data.
• Perform detailed checks and review the payroll details that are calculated by the external payroll bureau.
• Preparation of payroll reconciliations.
• Preparation of the payroll journal update to the Nominal ledger.
• Management of Payroll queries, coordinating between staff and the payroll bureau as necessary.
• Administration of information back and forth to HMRC and ensuring the latest regulatory requirements are met.
• Management of bonus allowances (preparing bonus calculations on a monthly, ad hoc and annual basis).
• Pension processing and communication between staff, pension providers and payroll bureau when required.
• Organisation and completion of payment: P11ds, PSAs etc, and preparation of payments.
• Payroll cost reallocation calculations and journal records (IT cost reclassification and Tutor cost reclassification).
• Support other finance team members with their daily responsibilities.
• Work on ad-hoc projects in order to develop a proficient finance department alongside other general administration.
In this role, you will need to be able to demonstrate:
• knowledge of performing bonus calculations that link into payroll
• wider Accounts department understanding at an level that you can translate payroll data into accounting journals, make re-allocation journals to re-allocate costings and maintaining payroll reconciliations to accounts and HMRC
• be able to support the finance function (cash books, SL, PL and FA ledgers data entry and control as necessary) and willingness to be hands on in support
This client offers their workers a focussed, supportive and well-established working environment alongside a genuine opportunity to build and develop their skills throughout this exciting stage of the company’s growth. They offer a widespread range of company benefits, including; BUPA Cash Plan, childcare vouchers, 5% monthly pension contributions, free on-site parking, and life insurance.
If you would like to discuss this role further please contact the office.
Ref No: 2859
Job Type: Permanent
Full or Part Time: Full Time
Salary: £25,000 PA
Hours: 37 hours per week (Monday to Thursday 09:00-17:30 and Friday 09:00 – 17:00).