We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Academic Standards Coordinator to join our client within the educational sector. The Quality team are highly motivated that has overall responsibility for the quality of the experience and learning opportunities of our students, and for ensuring the maintenance of academic standards across all programmes.
The role of Academic Standards Coordinator will encompass the full duties of the Academic Administrator role, but in addition the postholder will take responsibility for the maintenance of definitive programme records, isystem set-up of programmes and the technical checking of marketing and prospectus materials for accuracy with regard to programme content.
· Undertaking activities and coordinating projects relating to academic affairs and quality.
· Liaising with academic staff and students on day-to-day quality matters and activities.
· Delivering academic support services, e.g. in connection to the development and approval of new courses and assessments.
· Liaising with university partners and External Examiners.
· Serving and contributing to committees and boards meetings, including accurate minute-taking.
· Producing and maintaining student handbooks and other policy and procedural documents.
· Implementing a variety of quality assurance activities.
· Analysing and presenting data.
· Supporting the University’s Student Association and associated software and supporting student representatives more broadly.
Duties of the Academic Standards Coordinator will also include:
· Ensuring accurate isystem programme set up for new and revised programmes and locations.
· Maintenance of accurate, up to date records of programme handbooks, programme specifications and module descriptors and manage the publication of these documents online.
· Coordinating provision of offer packs, including accurate programme handbooks.
· Undertaking technical checking of marketing and publicity materials.
· Managing, logging and advising tutors on proposals for the minor modification of programmes.
Our client is looking for:
· Excellent organisational skills.
· Ability to prioritise task effectively.
· Attention to detail.
· Ability to communicate effectively and articulately, both verbally and in writing, to a wide variety of stakeholders (e.g. students, senior academics).
· IT literacy, e.g. solid grasp of common software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
· Good basic analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work effectively to deadlines.
If you are interested in this position please email your CV along with a short covering letter to explain why you think you would be ideal for the role.
Ref No: 3020
Job Type: Permanent
Full or Part Time: Full Time – 37 hour week
Salary: £22-25,000 PA