We are looking for an experienced Senior IT Support Engineer to work as part of team where you will provide support to customers and their ICT systems by providing general Infrastructure support, maintenance and systems management activities as well as working on Incidents and Service Request to defined SLAs.
Depending on your skills and experience you will undertake a range of 2nd and 3rd line activities, including…
• Completing Incidents & Service Requests to agreed SLAs
• Undertake defined support activities including performing Scheduled Maintenance (controlled upgrades and fixes), Problem diagnosis and Root-cause Analysis, resolving subsequent issues within agreed parameters, handing-off to other Resolve Groups and third parties when needed
• Provide end-user support and assistance for more complex Desktop, Office and other End-user Computing tasks
• Work within our ITIL aligned processes such as Major Incident Management, Change Management and Problem Management
• Maintain and update Knowledge-base articles, technical support documentation and operational procedures
• Assist the Project Team with infrastructure builds, server, storage and network configuration
• Answering telephone calls, monitoring emails and logging tickets to agreed SLAs to assist the Service Desk at busy times
• Provide lifecycle support and keep customers informed of progress at all times
• You may on occasion be required to work on customer sites
As the Senior IT Support Engineer you will require excellent customer service skills and an ability to communicate with customers at all levels, along with patience, understanding and the ability to proactively take responsibility for end-user’s problems. You will be a confident, pro-active self-motivated person, who is experienced working under pressure in a fast-paced environment. You will be able to follow processes and procedures correctly with minimum oversight, you will work independently as well as part of a multi-skilled team and you must be prepared to work differing shift patterns including occasional evenings and weekends.
You will ideally be experienced in dealing with technical software, network and hardware incidents. The ideal candidate will be motivated to take advantage of internal training and support the business in maintaining our Microsoft Gold Partnership status by keeping up-to-date with the latest Microsoft certifications.
Our client is looking for:
We are looking for people that can demonstrate the required technical and customer services skills therefore the following experience is advantageous…
• Working within a Managed Service Provider environment
• Knowledge of configuring, supporting and maintaining a range of technologies from multiple vendors including; End-user computing, Messaging and Collaboration, Servers & Virtualisation, Storage & Data Security, Cloud Services, Network Services and Database Services
• Understanding of server, storage and network hardware
• Experience in using monitoring and remote management tools
• Proven experience in setting up and maintaining AD and managing permissions
If you are interested in this position please email your CV along with a short covering letter to explain why you think you would be ideal for the role.
Ref No: 3200
Job Title: Senior IT Support Engineer
Job Type: Permanent
Full or Part Time: Full Time – Monday to Friday
Salary: £Competitive DOE