New Executive PA vacancy – permanent – full time 37 hours per week – providing secretarial and administrative support to members of an Exec Team within the educational sector – based in Coventry but willing to travel to other sites on occassion.
Executive PA Main Responsibilities:
• Ensure accurate reporting of issues/information arising from day to day support of Exec members
• Ensure all established reporting and process functions relevant to role and workload are adhered to
• Responding to data requests from Exec members on day to day and more strategic issues, working with other departments within the company
• Maintain records for areas relevant to Exec function (e.g: of staff induction and ongoing professional development)
• Ensure clear, accurate communications to all stakeholders and delivery partners, within and external to the company
• Diary and appointment management to Exec members as required; make travel bookings and associated arrangements
• Demonstrate high levels of professional behaviour and sensitivity in dealing with and communicating about highly confidential issues
• Team-focused, providing support to colleagues and activities as required
• Assist in recruitment and external activities for senior academic posts
• Comfortable with responding to unexpected demands and working under pressure in an effective and positive manner.
• Plan Agenda and Minute Exec meetings, including room bookings, arranging dates, circulating minutes, following up on actions; similar for other related events
• Excellent time management, meeting key deadlines.
• Support small-scale projects as directed, researching and collating the information required
• Prepare PowerPoint presentations for staff events, with guidance from Exec member.
• Uses own initiative to identify areas of improvement and enhancement in supporting Exec, for example in making positive changes to systems and processes
• Ability to influence and work productively with colleagues in diverse roles
• Prepared to travel on occasion to other locations for training and meetings
• Attendance at appropriate internal meetings/working groups as required
Our client is looking for:
• 2 years experience in a similar role
• Experience of supporting a senior team within an organisation on a range of administrative tasks and functions (for example: Planning and arranging meetings, minute taking, record keeping)
• Extensive experience of use of Microsoft tools for administrative support (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) in a professional context.
• Experience of organising and planning external and internal events
• Experience of planning, managing and monitoring a variety of commitments, balancing conflicting workloads of team members to meet service demands and deadlines
• Knowledge of the requirements of supporting an Exec team within a complex organisation.
• Highly skilled and confident communicator (in written and verbal forms) comfortable with working and liaising with diverse teams and areas of service delivery; able to handle sensitive issues with confidentiality and professional behaviour at all times
• Excellent attention to detail and a systematic approach to work; able to work unsupervised
• Effective problem-solver, willing to take initiative to make a positive change to a process/system for the benefit of all stakeholders
• Knowledge of key current issues within the HE sector (Desirable)
• Working in a similar role in a higher education institution in the UK; experience of working with geographically distributed teams (Desirable)
• Up to date training on GDPR and related issues around protection of personal data (Desirable)
• IT Skills Qualification (Desirable)
If you are interested in this position please email your CV along with a short covering letter to explain why you think you would be ideal for the role.
Ref No: 3274
Job Title: Executive PA
Job Type: Permanent
Full or Part Time: Monday-Thursday 09.00-17.30 and Friday 09.00-17.00
Salary: £31,000 PA