We have an exciting new position for a Marketing Officer based in Rugby for a membership-based organisation. For this Marketing Officer role you must be a team player, energetic and enthusiastic, with excellent communication skills to adapt quickly to this challenging role.
Our client is looking for a highly productive, organised individual who is prepared to do what it takes to get the job done. You must be highly proactive and used to working effectively on your own initiative with a professional flexible approach to work.
Marketing Officer Main Responsibilities:
• Development and implementation of marketing plans including market research and competitor analysis
• Provision of content to Digital Manager for e-mail marketing campaigns, website, adverts/posters etc.
• Create content for and then post on social media sites
• Work with training committee and Training Administrator to ensure existing and new training courses are promoted
• Develop membership & training related promotional material
• Generate content for and issue regular newsletter
• Liaise with suppliers obtaining quotes for marketing/promotional material and negotiating rates.
• Work with team members on the associations main event which occurs every 2 years (next event 2021)
• Manage the group’s presence at other events, actively seeking events to attend, managing booking, price negotiations, completing all relevant paperwork, along with presentation generation, material for the stand etc.
• Managing and promoting adverts in the association’s Handbook and company Catalogue. Generating content and chasing 3rd parties for content.
• Promoting advertising within and sponsorship of our members journal
• Liaison with PR company for consumer-oriented PR. Generation of industry related PR and management of industry-based advertising.
• Manage communications with association members/customers
• Initial dealings with membership/training enquiries, gather data and then feed through to Sales Manager or Membership Administrator dependant on level of interest
• Managing existing member benefits and looking for new ones. Where applicable dealing with any bulk purchase of promotional items for members (e.g. key tags deal)
• Liaison with members for specific projects
• Ensure membership management system content usable for marketing purposes.
• First point of call for enquiry e-mails. Deal with or direct to relevant member of staff
• Keep details for all enquiries to be able to market to them (e.g. training and membership enquiries, advertising enquiries, etc.)
Our client is looking for:
• Ideally a marketing qualification with some 2 years practical work experience or 2 years experienced marketing background (ideally with membership-based organisations – but not essential)
• Excellent communication and presentational skills at all levels
• Good general administration skills with an element of commercial knowledge
• Must have the ability to deal with a large and varied number of tasks at any one time by prioritising own needs
• Ability to build relationships across the industry
• Proven effective interpersonal skills, including strong team-oriented focus
• Follow up skills on tasks are highly important along with a strong ability to problem solve
• Ability to multi-task with effective management of time and priorities and a disciplined approach to workload, ensuring strict deadlines are met
• Comfortable dealing with others at all levels within the industry.
If you are interested in this position please email your CV along with a short covering letter to explain why you think you would be ideal for the role.
Ref No: 3282
Job Type: Permanent
Full or Part Time: Full Time – 08.30-16.30
Salary: £21,000 PA